Friday, October 23, 2009

A Venus Sings Weekend on WRIU - Oct 24


Picture here is me, Reza Rites (aka Venus Sings, aka DJ Reza Wreckage) during one of my broadcasts on WRIU. The station is part of the University of RI, and the studio is located in Kingston, RI.

by Reza Corinne Clifton

KINGSTON, RI - Well, I've done it again. Before my finances could fully announce readiness, I went and picked up a bunch of music. Once again I went "global" with my selections, picking up artists like the Afro-Puerto Rican artist, La Sista and the band Ocote Soul; the afrobeat band Aphrodesia; and the reggaeton (male) duo, Jowell and Randy. And while I won't be playing Jowell and Randy, necessarily, I am excited to present these and other artists tomorrow, Saturday, October 24 on Venus Sings Radio.

Broadcasting live from 9-11 am (EST) on 90.3 FM in and around RI and streaming online at www.wriu.org, tomorrow's show should be exciting for several reasons. First, I'm going to be transporting and using home equipment to do a live-mix show in the studio - instead of using in-house stuff. The effect should equate into tighter and smoother transitions between the songs and more fun on my end. Second, I'll be dj'ing later on in the evening at the Isis Storm On the Rise event in Pawtucket, and I'm going to want to inspire you to come out, so I'll be playing lots of upbeat selections and achingly wonderful tunes to bewitch your ears and soul.

Tune in tomorrow and the second and fourth Saturday of every month to catch Venus Sings Radio on WRIU.

Sunshine and laughter,
Reza Rites

***

For more information about archives, other programs, and WRIU as a whole, visit www.wriu.org. To view previous playlists, to track the schedule, and to read more about women in music, visit www.VenusSings.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment